HA-JDBC: High-Availability JDBC
HA-JDBC is a JDBC proxy that provides light-weight, transparent, fault tolerant clustering capability to any underlying JDBC driver.
- Supports any database accessible via JDBC.
- High fault tolerance - a database cluster can lose a node without failing/corrupting any transactions.
- Live activation/deactivation allows for maintenance/upgrading of a database node without loss of service.
- Improves performance of concurrent read-access by distributing load across individual nodes.
- Works with Java 1.6 and 1.7 and fully supports JDBC 4.1.
- Pluggable strategies for synchronizing a failed database node.
- Exposes JMX management interface to allow administration of databases and clusters.
- Ability to add/subtract database nodes to/from a cluster at runtime.
- Can be configured to auto-activate failed database nodes during scheduled off-peak times.
- Open source (LGPL).
Not overly fond of HA-JDBC? Check out these alternative projects:
- Replication middleware for PostgreSQL
- Tungsten Replicator
- A high performance data replication engine for MySQL
- MySQL Cluster
- Fault tolerant database architecture using NDB storage engine
- H2 Clustering
- A simple clustering/high-availability mechanism for H2